Shmuel Brodsky, Psy.D.
I take a very comprehensive approach. Part of the therapy is highly behavioral and results oriented, proceeding in a structured, step by step manner directly reducing anxiety, avoidance, compulsions, etc. The other part of the therapy is my getting to know the person very well, scientifically identifying pervasive behavioral patterns in their lives, and addressing issues that might be fueling the anxiety alone. I find this comprehensive approach results in the most complete and permanent results.
- Gender: Male
- Languages Spoken: English
- Years in Practice: 25 Years
- Average Cost (per session): $180
- Sliding Scale: No
- Accepts Credit Cards: No
- Accepts Insurance: Out of network
- Professional Affiliations: International OCD Foundation, Nefesh
Graduate School: Yeshiva University, Psy.D. (U. of Penn undergraduate, and U. of Chicago graduate M.A.)
License: Clinical Psychology
Licensing Agency: NY State, NJ State
Online License: http://www.nysed.gov/coms/op001/opsc2a?profcd=68&plicno=014064&namechk=BRO
- Modalities: Individuals, Couples
- Ages: Children, Adolescents, Adults
- Orientation: DRUG-FREE Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapy and Exposure.
- Accept clients via telehealth: No
- Children, Dissociative Disorders, Domestic Violence, Gambling Addiction, Marital Therapy, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Phobias, . I do this full time. Medication is not necessary and I try to get people off meds by the completion of therapy., Pain Management, Sexual Abuse, Sleep Disorders