Abba Cohen, LMHC
Phone: (646) 872-5927
Phone: (646) 872-5927
I work with children, individuals & couples. In my work with children I engage them in a non-pressured environment using play & talk therapy as I work with them and their parents to help understand their world, increase awareness, promote effective communication & find meaningful solutions. I do a lot of work with individuals who struggle with anxiety, depression or anger to learn to cope and express themselves. I selectively use family & interpersonal dynamics. I use EFT to help couples improve the intimacy and closeness that they crave in their marriage while improving communication and understanding.
I seek to understand the individual circumstances and challenges of each of my clients within the context of their lives. I take a comprehensive and optimistic approach that emphasizes my clients' strengths, helps them develop greater insight, and identify practical ways they can promote effective change in their lives.
Advanced training in: Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT), Ericksonian Hypnosis, Gottman Couples Therapy, Play Therapy & Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Please see my YouTube video in which I discuss an aspect of my work with children: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwLQMl2KmVI
- Gender: Male
- Languages Spoken: English, Hebrew
- Years in Practice: 13 Years
- Average Cost (per session): $150
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Credit Cards: No
- Accepts Insurance: Cigna, Will Provide Receipt For Submittal To Insurance
- Professional Affiliations: ICEEFT, NYCEFT
Degree: MA Mental Health Counseling - Ferkauf Graduate School
Graduate School: Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
License: 004414-1 NY
Licensing Agency: 004414-1 NY
- Modalities: Children, Adolescents, Individuals, Couples
- Ages: all
- Orientation: Practical, growth oriented, cognitive behavioral approach with psychodynamic and psychoeducational aspects.
- Adolescent Issues, Anger Management, Anxiety And Panic Disorders, Developmental Delays, Marriage And Family Therapy, Pre-marital Counseling, Spiritual/religious And Existential Struggles, Hypnosis, Anxiety Disorders, Children, Depression, Men's Issues, Parenting Adolescents, Personal Growth And Self Discovery, Relationship Issues